Friday, May 20, 2016

File: Travel Tips
Bummer Avoidance, Part One

Going out of the country for vacation? A bit of preparation will ensure that all your adventures are happy ones! Here are the practices I've found most useful in my travels from the US to Europe
Before you leave:
First, If you don't have a  security code on your phone, add one now. The finger print thing on iPhone is actually not as annoying as I thought it would be
Next, take a picture of your passport (the page with your photo, ID#, etc) and store it in one of your photo albums.

Scan or photocopythe main page of your passport and make 2 paper copies. I also make a copy of any credit cards (front and back) I'm taking with me.  If anything happens to them (and it has, once), I have all the info I need right there.

I also recommend going through your wallet and removing all the stuff you won't need (membership cards, drivers license, Dept store credit cards, whatever).  Leave it at home, it'll just weigh you down. Trim one copy of the passport, fold and store it in your wallet. Oh, call your credit card companies and tell them your travel plans so they don't freak out and block your card just as you're trying to buy some fabulous thingie!

When you get to your destination (more about that shortly) and you've arrived at your hotel, immediately put the passport, one copy and all but one credit card (+ maybe an ATM card) in the safe.

Now, heaven forbid, if you lose your bag or wallet, you have your original passport and some resources safely at hand.

What else? If you don't speak the language, print out a copy of your hotel or apartment address so you can show it to the taxi driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment